Skip to main content

So...tired...must...write.

I'm not going to lie.

I'm totally starting this blog post on Monday night, and I will be wrapping it up/publishing on Tuesday (edit here...or Wednesday...).

You see, I just listed 12 new things on Amazon, edited some pictures and put up some Etsy listings, made dinner, fed my boys, and I'm. so. tired.

But everything needs to get done. Like yesterday.

Interesting fact though, speaking of Amazon...I couldn't figure out why none of my listings were showing up in search. In my head, I'm going "What the h, Amazon, you invited me to open my shop finally, what's the deal?" As I dug and dug, I realized that in the handmade section, only 3 main categories were showing up...wait a second...

Turns out, the new categories aren't actually "live" yet.

And Amazon hasn't told us when we will be live either. I did get an email this morning telling me to make sure my Artisan profile was done and I had listings up in the shop within the next 7 days though...so I'm holding out hope we will be live sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I don't know if I just didn't read thoroughly (totally possible) or Amazon pulled a fast one, but I feel like a dummy.

I will be announcing it here and on FB as soon as the Amazon shop is live. Although we are still working out the kinks, I can tell you that...I still haven't gotten as far as figuring out how to change my shipping prices, because I can tell you right now I don't need to charge $4.50 to ship a wallet.

*le sigh*


Here, have some pictures from the last few weeks (or, basically, just some of my favorites from Wine Walk)!

Early on. We like themes. This was at a jewelry store.

Post wine walk at Cosentino's. I think we may be saying we have a problem here...and that problem was that there was no more wine.  

This was first glass, but also a really cute picture of us. We got drunker and sillier as the day wore on.

I've been a total slacker the last 10 days and haven't taken shit all for pictures, however that situation will be remedied this weekend. My mum is in town from VA, and I have a bebe shower + Ayla watching on Saturday, so be prepared for me to overload your 'grams. Sunday is Mother's Day, and we are going to Science City (which I'm almost as excited as Dono about...), so there will also be lots of picture taking then as well.

May is a bit of a cray cray whirlwind...the middle of the month is the *only* weekend we don't have anything planned (yet), and the last week of the month is going to be absolutely nuts, but also an eff ton of fun, so I'll take it.

I'm off to go sew baby stuff now. Yeah. I procrastinate like that.



PS- Follow me on Insta @shadeygirl149
On Pinterest @shadeygirl for lots of nerdy, political goodies
On Etsy @flowerchildsboutique & flowerchildscozies
And on Amazon coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake It Out

We went to see Florence + the Machine last night for Buzz Under the Stars Night 1. It was blessed. Flo took me to church and shook my soul up, and soothed my weary heart with her voice. It's my second time seeing her in concert, and I think each time is always going to be like a religious experience. It's magic when an artist moves you to tears over and over. Yesterday was full of excitement and love and peace. Today (tonight really), my funk has started to rear its ugly head again. I feel...listless and restless and ready to explode out of my skin. I've been perusing my favorite website, Rebelle Society , reading beautiful essays and poetry that resonate deeply, reflecting my worries and fears and anguish back to me and forcing me to look. Forcing me to accept that I'm hurting and scared when I want to just keep pretending that I'm all good. Accepting my slump, I feel, is the first step towards pulling out of it. The cycles of depression I go through

Happy Easter/Ishtar/Eostre/Rebirth/Celebration of Life!

And what a beautiful day it was! 65 and sunny- I, unfortunately, did not get to enjoy most of it because I had to work. Boo. C'est la vie...at least I will have all 6 of the major federal holidays off this year, instead of having to work half of them like in the past. I am feeling quite poopy. The husband seems to have given me his cold. At least I'm hoping it's his cold. I'm praying for little to no allergy activity this year, but it could definitely be that too. I'll give it another few days before I start popping Claritin with any regularity. In the mean time, I'm drinking Theraflu and hot tea and just trying not to sneeze on everyone I see. I haven't gotten much accomplished for the shop this week, a few pacifier cases and I'm about 10 rows from finishing a new ruffle scarf...literally like 10 rows. I should really just bust it out tonight, but I'm at the point in the night where I'd rather be writing than knitting, so I'm putting

Early Spring

Time marches on, and the wheel keeps turning. It's already in the 60s and 70s here in Missouri. My blackberry bush and asparagus are budding. I'm pretty sure my strawberries never actually went dormant this winter. It's time to get my seeds and seedlings to prepare for planting in a just a few more weeks. I had an existential crisis in January. Wondering what the hell I was doing with my life, and why the fuck shouldn't I take a giant leap of faith? So I did. I applied to grad school, to get my Master's in Library and Information Science (called an MLIS for short). I got in. I GOT IN! OhchristalmightyIgotin! It's still sinking in, a week later. I'm officially accepted and enrolled. I start in the fall of this year, and I am so. excited. I feel much more settled now...with everything going on in our country and the world, having my job feel like it was suffocating me was just one more thing I couldn't take. I can't change what #45 is doi