Skip to main content

Oh hai fall

If you are in Kansas City today, then you don't need me to tell you...it is windy as all get out. Gusts that I haven't felt/seen/heard since I lived in the great flatness that is Wichita, KS.

With all this gusty wind, the leaves are finally dropping like flies from the trees. Hello fall, it's nice to see you. Even if it is 68 degrees out with a chance of severe thunderstorms today. In November. In Missouri. Random. Normally our storm season is done by early October. 

For some reason, this fall season isn't bugging me as much as in years past. Normally, I'm not in love with fall...I don't hate it; it does play host to some really awesome things, like my birthday, dear friends' birthdays, and pumpkin spice coffee. However, I know that when the leaves start to turn and the temps start to drop at night, that also means that winter is coming. And I really, really, really kind of sort of definitely don't like winter. My anxiety seems to heighten during the cold, and I hate driving in snow. I don't like feeling cooped up, and I hate the limited sunlight. Seasonal depression? Yep, we can put a check mark by that particular box for sure. 

This year, though, I'm not as stressed. Possibly because work is easier this year. Possibly because the weather has continued to be so nice for so long in to the season. Possibly I'm just coping better in general. Whatever it is, I will take it.

I'm already thinking ahead to the future. Because hello, have you met me?

I've got goals for 2016. And I have every intention of making them happen.

As a family, we are working on paying off our "extra" debt. The stuff that doesn't provide us with shelter, electricity, water, food, etc. Basically, credit cards, your days are numbered. We were doing really well for a really long time...but then we bought a house. And we needed furniture to put in that house. And did I mention the half an acre of a backyard that we had, that we now needed a riding lawn mower to mow if I didn't want to lose my husband for a good 6 hours on a Saturday. 

The goal for 2016 is to get it all knocked in half. In turn, this will cut our monthly expenses drastically.

I'd like to get a nice camera this upcoming year. That way I can stop taking shop pictures with my cell phone, and then having to fight with it every time I try to offload. (Seriously, I like my Android and all, but holy hell the iPhone was easier in this regard). 

I am already in the process of really focusing on being more active on Instagram, here, and my Facebook shop pages. I need to build a brand around myself if I ever want this to be successful, and I get that. Now I just need to make it happen.

OH! We have a new member of the family...for about 3 months now. He's my darling and I love him to bits. Cutest thing ever. May I introduce you to Max?


This sweetheart is about 3 years old, and a mix of we don't know what. Probably weiner dog and something else. He sleeps under the covers with me in bed. Snuggles in my lap during TV time, and is generally the most lovable little dude in the whole world. My Clyde kitty is not a huge fan but tolerates him, and Louie dog loves him although he can be a bit jealous if daddy pays too much attention to Max. (We got Lou when he was 4 months old, and he has always been daddy's boy...I mean, he loves me, but he is definitely daddy's).

Also, we had a great Halloween. I turned 31 this year! Woot! Or not. Whichever. I'm kind of ambivalent about the whole thing anymore, haha. We did have a fun time though. Dono went as Link, and here he is with his Uncles, who I believe went as "Hipster Douches" (their words, not mine).


I also got to do the Wicked Wine Walk this year, so here's the obligatory shot of me and the BFF on top of Drunken Fish. I really had a fantastic time, but I suck at taking pictures during this kind of stuff. I should probably work on that.


Also, in case you've been living under a rock, the Royals won the World Series. fjiowfioawefnaw. No words. I found this tee in a shop downtown and I feel like I really need it. Or a Sal jersey. Either one.


Oh Salvy, how I love thee. I can only understand about 50% of what you say, but your smile lights up my heart. 



That's all I got for now. Totally random ramblings and ya know what?

I'm okay with that.

<3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake It Out

We went to see Florence + the Machine last night for Buzz Under the Stars Night 1. It was blessed. Flo took me to church and shook my soul up, and soothed my weary heart with her voice. It's my second time seeing her in concert, and I think each time is always going to be like a religious experience. It's magic when an artist moves you to tears over and over. Yesterday was full of excitement and love and peace. Today (tonight really), my funk has started to rear its ugly head again. I feel...listless and restless and ready to explode out of my skin. I've been perusing my favorite website, Rebelle Society , reading beautiful essays and poetry that resonate deeply, reflecting my worries and fears and anguish back to me and forcing me to look. Forcing me to accept that I'm hurting and scared when I want to just keep pretending that I'm all good. Accepting my slump, I feel, is the first step towards pulling out of it. The cycles of depression I go through

Live, from New York

It's Super Tuesday NY Edition! Super-Mega-NYC Tuesday! Or something... If you've paid attention to CNN/MSNBC/FOX in the last 48 hours, that's what the 24 hour news stations are pitching, anyway. Right now Bernie has Hillary under a 20 point lead. With 45+% to still report, I'm feel *somewhat* confident that it will get under 15%. Berners (yeah, I went there) knew this was a likely outcome. Onward, forward, etc etc etc. Sometimes I think America doesn't deserve Bernie Sanders. Or maybe we just aren't ready for him. God knows we need him though. Moving on. Kansas City FINALLY had a good day of rain yesterday. It was glorious. I came home from work, set the kiddo up with a snack and threw on grubby clothes and spent most of the evening outside in the garden, playing in the mud (it had stopped raining by this point, at least) and pulling up phlox. Yeah. You saw that right. Phlox. The bane of my gardening existence. See, our house sits on a .76 acre lot i

Happy Easter/Ishtar/Eostre/Rebirth/Celebration of Life!

And what a beautiful day it was! 65 and sunny- I, unfortunately, did not get to enjoy most of it because I had to work. Boo. C'est la vie...at least I will have all 6 of the major federal holidays off this year, instead of having to work half of them like in the past. I am feeling quite poopy. The husband seems to have given me his cold. At least I'm hoping it's his cold. I'm praying for little to no allergy activity this year, but it could definitely be that too. I'll give it another few days before I start popping Claritin with any regularity. In the mean time, I'm drinking Theraflu and hot tea and just trying not to sneeze on everyone I see. I haven't gotten much accomplished for the shop this week, a few pacifier cases and I'm about 10 rows from finishing a new ruffle scarf...literally like 10 rows. I should really just bust it out tonight, but I'm at the point in the night where I'd rather be writing than knitting, so I'm putting